Reading Community Singers supports the advancement of music education by providing a scholarship to a student pursuing a career in music.
- The one-time award is for $1,000.
- The application process is open to any graduating high school senior or full time undergraduate college student pursuing a major or minor in music.
- Applicants must reside in Reading or a town in the surrounding area.
- By accepting the RCS annual scholarship, the recipient consents to have his/her name and likeness used for promotion purposes.
The scholarship recipient is expected to:
- Prepare and perform a short program for the RCS spring concert on Saturday night, May 18, 2019.
- Attend dress rehearsal for the RCS spring concert on Friday night, May 17, 2019.
Past Recipients of the RCS scholarship:
2018 Emily Cummings
2017 Julianne Mulvey
2016 Maria Ren
2015 Nicole Beauregard
2014 Amy Sokolow
2013 Connor Burke
2012 Ian West
2011 Meghan O’Keefe
2010 Greta Asgeirsson
How to apply for the 2019 RCS Scholarship:
Fill it out completely.
Send the application materials, including one letter of reference, to:
Reading Community Singers
P.O. Box 72
Reading, MA 01867
Applications must be postmarked by 12/31/2018.
Finalists will be notified by 1/15/2019.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, February 10th, 2019*.
*The RCS scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of the judges, whose decisions are final.